- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix plus ingredients to make cake
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Frosting and Filling
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 box white chocolate instant pudding
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/3 cup cherry jam
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Cut circle of parchment paper to fit bottom
of springform pan. Spray pan with Pam, place parchment paper in pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding vanilla extract
with water. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until center tests clean.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- Run knife around edge and release from pan. Cool completely.
- Place cooling rack over top of cake, invert, remove bottom of pan and parchment,
invert cake onto serving plate. Cut cake in half.
- Combine milk, pudding mix and powdered sugar. Whisk for 1 to 2 minutes or
until pudding begins to thicken. Fold in Cool Whip.
- To assemble cake: spread jam over bottom half of cake. Spread 1 cup frosting
over jam. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting.
Gently pat coconut over cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 170 Calories; 7g Fat (36.2% calories
from fat); 1g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 164mg
Exchanges: 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.