Coconut Cream Tropical Pie
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 lime
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package coconut cream instant pudding and pie filling
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Lightly sprinkle Large Round Stone with flour. Gently unfold one pie crust
and place in center of baking stone. Unfold second crust and place over first
crust, matching edges and pressing to seal. Using Baker's Roller(R), roll crusts
to edge of baking stone.
- Fold 1/2 inch of edge of crust in toward center, forming an even border;
press to seal seam. Flute edge, if desired; use pastry tool to prick entire
surface of crust. Bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from
oven; cool completely.
- Place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth using Stainless
Steel Whisk. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Chop pineapple using Food Chopper.
Using Lemon Zester/Scorer, zest lime; set aside for garnish. Juice lime to measure
1 tablespoon juice. Add pineapple, 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice and lime juice
to cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Add whipped topping, pudding mix and half
of the coconut; mix until well blended using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Spread
filling evenly over crust.
- Using Utility Knife, cut peel off orange and slice orange in half lengthwise;
slice crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Slice kiwi using Egg Slicer Plus(R).
Arrange orange and kiwi slices over filling. Sprinkle remaining coconut around
edge of filling. Sprinkle reserved lime zest over fruit.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings
Cook's Tip: To toast coconut in microwave oven, place coconut in Small Oval Baker;
microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 10-second
interval. Cool completely.
Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 10 g,
Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 220 mg, Fiber less than
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef