Cool Mint Pinwheel Pie
- 1/2 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crust (one crust)
- 3 (1.5 ounce) bars milk chocolate
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring (optional)
- 1 (3.3 ounce) box white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place pie crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, gently pressing dough into bottom
and up sides; prick bottom using Hold 'N Slice.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on Nonstick
- Break into small pieces and place in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave, uncovered,
on HIGH for 1 minute, stirring after each 10 second interval until chocolate
is melted and smooth. Do not overheat. Spread half of the chocolate over bottom
and sides of prepared crust; set aside.
- Pour remaining chocolate onto Parchment Paper; immediately spread into a
6-inch circle using Skinny Scraper. Place Parchment on chilled Chillzanne Platter
for 1 to 2 minutes, or until chocolate is firm and surface is dry to the touch.
(Or, place chocolate on Cutting Board and refrigerate 15 minutes.) Do not allow
chocolate to cool too long or it will crack when cut. Remove parchment from
Platter and place on Cutting Board. Using Crinkle Cutter, cut chocolate circle
into 12 even wedges but do not remove from parchment. Continue chilling on Platter
until chocolate is set.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH for 30 seconds until
softened; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk.
- Fill Easy Accent Decorator with 1 cup of the whipped topping; set aside
for garnish. Add remaining whipped topping, milk, peppermint extract and food
coloring to Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix and whisk vigorously
until mixture is blended and very thick. Immediately spoon filling into crust;
spread evenly using Large Spreader.
- Pipe 12 rosettes around edge of pie. To remove chocolate from Parchment,
slide Large Spreader between chocolate and Parchment, gently separating triangles.
Place one triangle, with point toward center, against each rosette, forming
a pinwheel pattern.
- For a colder serving temperature and easier slicing, chill 30 minutes.
- Serve using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 12 servings or 16 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 13 g,
Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber 0 g
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 6/15/01 2:42:17 pm.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef