Country Chicken Casserole
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Filling: Combine onion and mushrooms in large microwave-safe bowl. Cover;
microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until softened, stirring halfway through
cooking time. Add chicken, peas and carrots, soup and pepper to onion mixture;
mix well. Pour into greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until bubbling around edges.
- Biscuit Topping: In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder
- In small bowl, combine egg, milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients; stir until
- Remove baking pan from oven; place on wire rack. Drop tablespoons of topping
evenly over chicken mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.