This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Decadent Chocolate Raspberry Torte
- 1 (19-21 ounce) box brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) box raspberry gelatin
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup raspberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a stoneware bar pan with 13-inch piece
of parchment paper.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies;
pour batter into pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean;
cool 10 minutes. Using edges of paper, carefully lift brownie onto cooling rack;
- In small cooker, microwave water on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until boiling. Add
gelatin; stir until dissolved. Add jam; whisk until smooth. Invert brownie onto
smooth side of a large cutting board; remove paper. Prick brownie at 1/2-inch
intervals. Using a pastry brush, brush brownie evenly with gelatin mixture.
Trim 1/4 inch around edge of brownie; discard edges. Cut brownie crosswise into
3 equal layers.
- Place chocolate morsels in a bowl; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2-2 1/2
minutes, stirring after each 30-second interval, until melted and smooth. Immediately
fold half of the whipped topping into chocolate, mixing until blended. Fold
in remaining whipped topping; mix until smooth. (Mixture will be very thick.)
- To assemble torte, place one brownie layer on a oval platter. Attach open
star tip to decorator; fill with filling mixture. Pipe a straight border around
edge of brownie layer. Using a large scoop, place 3 scoops of filling down center.
Spread filling evenly to border. Top with second brownie layer. Repeat filling
as above. For third layer, pipe a decorative border around edge. Spread any
remaining filling down center. Arrange raspberries over top, if desired; sprinkle
with almonds. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
- For a cooler serving temperature, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Slice using a serrated knife.
Yield: 20 servings or 30 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol
30 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 100 mg, Fiber 1 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef