Deep Dish Almond-Apple Pie
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 medium apples
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove crust from package and sprinkle both sides with flour. Roll crust
out to 14 inches. Place in Deep Dish Baker taking care not to stretch the dough
- In Batter Bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients.
- Peel, core and slice apples with Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Gently toss
apple slices with sugar mixture. Turn into prepared pie crust.
- Sprinkle apples with almonds and almond extract. Dot with small pieces of
butter. Roll out second crust to 13 inches as described above. Place on top
of fruit. Seal and flute edges. Use heart shaped Valtrompia Bread Tube to cut
heart shape in center of the pie crust, Cut slits in several places.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes until bubbly and apples are tender. Cover edges with
foil last 15 to 20 minutes if desired, to prevent over-browning or burning.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef