Family Style Calzone
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) pouch Pantry Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
- 1 tablespoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/4 cups very warm water (120 to 130 degrees F)
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni, divided
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Separate egg over Small Batter Bowl using Egg Separator; beat lightly. Set
egg yolk aside, covered, for later use. Chop olives using Food Chopper. Snip
parsley with Kitchen Shears. Grate mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses using Deluxe
Cheese Grater. Add olives, parsley, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella
cheese and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese to Batter Bowl; mix well with Classic
Scraper. Set aside.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, combine Pizza Crust & Roll Mix with yeast packet
and Seasoning Mi. Add warm water and stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn dough out onto well-floured Cutting Board. With floured hands, gently
knead dough 8-10 times. Divide dough in half using Handy Scraper. Flour both
sides of dough using Flour/Sugar Shaker; roll out one piece of dough to edge
of Cutting Board using Dough and Pizza Roller. Place dough in bottom of Rectangular
Baker, shaping to cover bottom.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese over dough to within 1/2 inch
of edge. Layer half of the pepperoni over cheese. Spread ricotta mixture evenly
over pepperoni. Top with remaining pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- Roll out remaining dough and place over filling. Press dough all around
edge to seal with bottom crust. Brush surface of dough with reserved egg yolk
using Pastry Brush. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Using V-Shaped
Cutter, cut a decorative X pattern over surface of dough, creating holes in
top layer, for steam to escape.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol
50 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 860 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: 1 (16 ounces) package hot roll mix can be substituted for Pantry
Pizza Crust & Roll Mix, if desired.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.