Fast Family Fajitas
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless
chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 (7-8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Optional toppings: guacamole, additional salsa, shredded Colby and Monterey
Jack cheese blend and sour cream
- Cut bell peppers into 1/2-inch strips using Utility Knife. Cut chicken crosswise
into thin strips.
- Heat Stir-Fry Skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil and
chicken. Stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from
skillet; set aside. Add remaining oil, bell peppers and garlic pressed with
Garlic Press; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add chicken, soup mix, water and salsa to bell pepper mixture. Cook and
stir 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, place chicken mixture in center of tortillas.
- Serve with toppings, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol
45 mg, Carbohydrate 61 g, Protein 27 g, Sodium 1080 mg, Fiber 4 g
To heat tortillas in microwave oven, place tortillas in Large Micro-Cooker(R).
Microwave, covered, on HIGH 1 1/2-2 minutes or until heated though.
To heat tortillas in conventional oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place
tortillas, slightly overlapping, on Large Round Stone. Bake 5 minutes or until
Serving a large crowd? Create a fajita bar using Simple Additions(TM). Place
chicken and vegetable mixture in Medium Bowl. Place guacamole, salsa, shredded
cheese and sour cream in Small Bowls. Cut tortillas in half; arrange tortillas
and bowls on Large Square Platter and serve.