Florentine Brunch Casserole
- 16 slices firm white bread
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces baked ham, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided (1 cup)
- 1 (5 ounce) bag fresh spinach leaves, washed and stemmed
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut crusts off bread using Serrated Bread Knife; cube crusts and measure
2 cups. Arrange bread slices in an overlapping pattern against sides of Oval
Baker; place bread cubes in bottom.
- Microwave 2 tablespoons of the butter in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH 30 seconds
or until melted; lightly brush over bread slices using Pastry Brush. Bake 15
to 20 minutes or until edges of bread are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in Small Batter Bowl, whisk soup, milk and black pepper until
smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk.
- Finely chop onion using Food Chopper.
- Dice ham and bell pepper using Chef's Knife. Melt remaining butter in Stir-Fry
Skillet over medium heat; add onion and bell pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until
vegetables are tender; stir in ham.
- Whisk eggs in Classic Batter Bowl; add to Skillet. Cook over medium-high
heat, stirring occasionally with Classic Scraper, until eggs are set but still
- Stir in soup mixture; cook 1 minute or until hot.
- Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate cheese. Gently stir in 3/4 cup of the
cheese. Fold spinach into egg mixture, half at a time. Cook about 2 minutes,
stirring gently until spinach is wilted.
- Spoon egg mixture into center of Baker, mounding slightly in center. Top
with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Serve immediately using Nylon Spoon.
Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.