This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake
- 16 (2-inch) Graham cracker squares (approximately 1 1/4 cups chopped)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (24 count) package soft ladyfingers
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- For crust, finely chop crackers using Food Chopper.
- In Small Micro-Cooker, melt butter on HIGH 20 seconds; mix in brown sugar
and Graham cracker crumbs. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of Springform Pan.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool completely.
- Using Serrated Bread Knife, trim ladyfingers flat on bottom. Place ladyfingers
around edge of pan, standing up against sides; fit together snugly.
- Set aside one perfect strawberry with stem for garnish. Hull remaining strawberries.
Place strawberries next to each other, hulled side down, over entire surface
- Measure 1/2 cup of the sour cream; set aside. Place cream cheese in Classic
Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 seconds or until softened.
- Gradually whisk in thawed strawberries in juice and remaining sour cream
using Stainless Steel Whisk.
- Add pudding mix; whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Immediately
pour pudding mixture over strawberries in pan, pressing down between berries
using Classic Scraper. Use Large Spreader to create a smooth surface.
- Combine reserved sour cream with powdered sugar in Small Batter Bowl; mix
until smooth. Spread topping over cake, leaving 1/2-inch border around edge.
- For garnish, slice reserved strawberry using Egg Slicer Plus to create a
strawberry fan; place on top of cake.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Cook's Tip: Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling can be substituted for cheesecake
Nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 12 g,
Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 450 mg, Fiber 2 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef