German Chocolate Skillet Cake
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate or chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine brown sugar and milk in large Colander Bowl. Add coconut and pecans;
mix well using Mix 'N Scraper®.
- Melt butter in Family Skillet over medium heat, tilting pan to coat bottom
evenly. Drop coconut mixture in spoonsful over bottom of skillet; pat into an
even layer, forming a smooth surface.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in Classic Batter Bowl.
Gently pour batter evenly over coconut layer in skillet, spreading to edge.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out
clean. Remove from oven using Oven Mitts.
- Loosen edges of cake from skillet. Carefully invert onto large, heat-proof
serving plate. Use Classic Scraper to remove any topping that might remain in
bottom of skillet; spread over top of cake. Cool completely.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Fat 21 g, Sodium 310 mg, Fiber 1 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.