Glazed-Peach Almond Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches in light syrup, drained
- 3/4 cup peach or apricot preserves, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (2.25 ounce) box sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until
melted. Brush Deep Dish Baker with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter using Pastry
brush. Cut an 8-inch circle of Parchment Paper using Kitchen Shears; place in
bottom of baker.
- Drain peach slices in small Colander. In Small Batter Bowl, combine peaches,
1/4 cup of the preserves and flour; toss to coat using Skinny Scraper. Spoon
peach mixture into center of baker; spread to within 1/2 inch of edge. Place
baker in microwave. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes or until peach mixture is hot.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese and remaining melted butter until
smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add eggs and 1 teaspoon of the almond extract;
whisk until smooth. Add cake mix; mix until smooth using Mix 'N Scraper. (Batter
will be thick.) Using Large Scoop, scoop batter evenly over peach mixture starting
at outside edges of baker, leaving center open.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out
clean. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cake
from baker. Using Oven Mitts, carefully invert cake onto Round Platter. Carefully
peel parchment paper from surface of peaches.
- Place remaining preserves and almond extract in same micro-cooker; microwave
on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Brush sides and top edge of cake with preserves.
Press almonds against sides and around edge of peach topping. Sprinkle with
powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol
70 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 340 mg, Fiber 1 g
Cook's Tip: To toast almonds, spread almonds in a single layer over bottom of
Small Bar Pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef