Greek Islands Pastry
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, divided (1/4 cup)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (8.5 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1 (3.5 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crust: Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Lightly dust Large Round Stone with flour. Unfold one pie crust and place
in center of Baking Stone. Lightly brush with water using Pastry Brush. Using
Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with coarse grating drum, grate half of the Parmesan
cheese over crust. Unfold second crust and place over first crust on Baking
Stone, matching edges and pressing down to seal. Using Baker's Roller, roll
both crusts out together to edge of Baking Stone. Fold 1/2 inch of edge of crust
in toward center, forming an even border; press to seal seam.
- Using smooth end of pastry tool, form a decorative fluted edge; prick center
of crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to Nonstick Cooling
Rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- Filling: In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, feta cheese,
spinach and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well using Classic Scraper.
- Toppings: Chop artichokes using Food Chopper. Slice olives using Egg
Slicer Plus. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine artichokes, olives, lemon zest, and Seasoning
Mix; mix with Mix 'N Scraper.
- Using Large Spreader, spread spinach mixture evenly over crust. Spread artichoke
topping evenly over filling. Slice tomatoes using Ultimate Slice & Grate
fitted with v-shaped blade; arrange in an overlapping circular pattern over
topping. Grate remaining Parmesan cheese over tomatoes. Cut into wedges using
Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 10 g,
Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 2 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.