Grilled Asparagus and Portobello Mushroom Salad
The flavors of fresh grilled vegetables come to life in this salad. Vinaigrette
can be prepared ahead and refrigerated until ready to use. Mix well before using.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh portobello mushrooms, stems trimmed (3-4 large)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 (5 ounce) bag spring mix salad blend of baby greens
- 1 ounce shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals.
- Vinaigrette: Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and black pepper;
mix until well blended.
- Salad: Clean mushrooms. Cut bell pepper into quarters; remove membranes
and seeds. Brush mushroom caps, bell pepper quarters and asparagus with 3 tablespoons
of the vinaigrette.
- Place vegetables on grid of grill positioning asparagus spears crosswise
on grid. Grill vegetables, uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender,
turning asparagus frequently and mushrooms and bell peppers once halfway through
- Slice mushrooms and bell peppers crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- Toss vegetables with salad greens and remaining vinaigrette in large bowl;
arrange on Oval Platter. Top with Parmesan shaved cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol
5 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 315 mg, Fiber 4 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: starch, 1 meat, 2 fat (1/2 carb)
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.