Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers, cut into
- 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- Suggested toppers (optional): salsa, shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
blend. sour cream
- For marinade, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, Seasoning Mix and salt
in Small-Batter Bowl; whisk till blended.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic bag. Add 1/3 cup of the marinade to
chicken; reserve remaining marinade. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken and vegetables over medium coals for 12-15 minutes or till
chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning once using
Barbecue Tongs. Baste chicken and vegetables with reserved marinade using Barbecue
Basting Brush during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Wrap tortillas in heavy aluminum foil; place on grill to warm 5-7 minutes
using Barbecue Tongs.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from grill and slice into strips.
- To serve, place chicken and vegetables in tortillas. Top with salsa, shredded
cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol
50 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 23 g, Sodium 360 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
Cook’s Tip: Substitute 1 teaspoon chili powder for Southwestern Seasoning Mix,