Grilled Italian Sausages with Confetti Vegetable Relish
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles non-alcoholic beer
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 10 to 12 Italian sausages (about 3 pound)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 4 wedges
- 10 to 12 submarine or bratwurst rolls, split
- 1/2 cup mild giardiniera relish in vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Prepare grill for cooking at medium temperature.
- Combine non-alcoholic beer and onion in Family (12-inch) Skillet. Prick
sausages several times. Place sausages in beer; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until sausages or no longer pink. Remove
sausages from beer. Strain onion using small Colander; discard beer. Reserve
- Place sausages and bell peppers on grid of grill. Grill, covered, 4 to 6
minutes or until sausages are evenly browned and bell peppers are tender, turning
occasionally with Barbecue Tongs. Remove sausages and bell peppers from grill;
keep sausages warm.
- Place buns, cut side down, on grill. Grill 30 to 60 seconds or until lightly
toasted; keep warm.
- Chop reserved onion and bell peppers with Food Chopper.
- Combine onion, bell peppers and giardiniera relish in Small Batter Bowl;
- Place sausages in buns. Top with vegetable relish and mustard.
Yield: 10-12 servings
Nutrients per serving: (1 sandwich): Calories 440, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated
Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 21 g, Sodium 1130 mg, Fiber
Cook's Tips: Giardiniera relish is a jarred condiment that has a mixture
of finely chopped vegetables, Italian spices, vinegar and oil. It can be found in
the Italian foods section or deli department of your supermarket.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.