Grilled Vegetable Panini
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8 slices (1/2-3/4 inch thick) sourdough bread
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 (1 ounce) slices Provolone cheese
- Melt butter in microwave on HIGH 20-25 seconds or until melted; add garlic.
Brush one side of each slice of bread with butter mixture; set aside.
- Slice bell pepper crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rings.
- Slice onion crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Cut eggplant, yellow squash and zucchini lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat Grill Pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray pan with vegetable oil
using Kitchen Spritzer. Place bell pepper and onion into pan. Season with salt
and black pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Remove from pan; set aside and keep warm.
- Spray pan again with vegetable oil. Cook eggplant, yellow squash and zucchini
3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan; set aside and
- To assemble sandwiches, arrange four pieces of bread buttered side down;
top each with 1 slice cheese, 2 slices each eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini
and bell pepper rings, and 1 slice red onion. Top with remaining cheese and
remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Cook sandwiches 1-2 minutes on each side or until
cheese is melted and grill marks appear on surface of bread, turning once with
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 sandwiches
Nutrients per serving: Calories 490, Total Fat 30 g, Saturated Fat 15 g,
Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 21 g, Sodium 960 mg, Fiber 5 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.