Harvest Pumpkin Bars
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons
butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking
soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the pumpkin, oil and eggs. Spread
in a greased 10 x l5-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges pull from the sides of the
pan. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla extract in a medium mixer
bowl. Beat at medium-high speed until smooth, scraping the bowl occasionally.
Add the confectioners' sugar, beating constantly until of spreading consistency.
Spread over the baked layer.
- Chill, covered, until serving time.
- Cut into 48 bars.
- Freeze for future use if desired.
Per Serving: Calories 130; Fat 6 g; Sodium 97 mg; Dietary Fiber 1 g