Harvest Apple French Toast
- 2 (12.5 ounce) packages frozen plain French toast, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 medium red baking apples such as Jonathan
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins
- Powdered sugar
- Additional maple-flavored syrup (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a rectangular baker with oil.
- Cut French toast into 1-inch cubes; place in baker.
- In a small microwave-cooker, microwave milk on HIGH 1 1/2-2 minutes or until
- In a bowl, whisk eggs. While continuously whisking, slowly pour hot milk
into eggs. Pour egg mixture over French toast cubes; stir gently. Set aside.
- Core and slice apples, leaving peel on. Cut apple slices into quarters.
- Chop walnuts.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, walnuts,
syrup and cinnamon. Cook over medium-high heat 3-3 1/2 minutes or until apples
- Pour apple mixture over French toast mixture. Sprinkle with cranberries;
mix using scraper.
- Bake 30-32 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with additional maple-flavored syrup,
Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol
220 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g, Protein 14 g, Sodium 700 mg, Fiber 4 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.