This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1 to 2 lemons
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups thawed, fat-free frozen whipped topping
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- Toasted coconut (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into ungreased
Rectangular Baker; spread evenly over bottom using Large Spreader.
- Bake on center rack in oven 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown,
cracked and firm to the touch. (Cake will appear dry; do not under-bake.)
- Turn baker upside down onto Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. (Do
not remove cake from baker.)
- Poke holes in cake about 1 1/2 inches deep and 1/2 inch apart using Nylon
Fork. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Using
Juicer, juice lemons to measure 1/4 cup juice.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine lemon juice, zest and powdered sugar; whisk
until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Slowly pour glaze over cake, spreading
evenly with Small Spreader. Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
- Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with whipped topping.
- To serve, cut cake with Serrated Bread Knife. Top each serving with raspberries;
garnish with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.
Yield: 15 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0
g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 1
Cook's Tip: To toast coconut, spread 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut onto
Small Bar Pan. Bake at 350 degrees F 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown,
stirring once after 8 minutes. Cool completely.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef