This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Ice Cream Cake
- 15 chocolate creme-filled sandwich cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 favorite candy bars (about 2 ounces each)
- 2 quarts or 1/2 gallon any flavor(s) ice cream
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Multicolored sprinkles or small candy decorations
- On Cutting Board, finely chop cookies, 2 to 3 at a time, using Food Chopper.
- Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until
melted. Mix in cookie crumbs with Bamboo Spoon. Press crumb mixture onto bottom
of Springform Pan. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Using Utility Knife, cut candy bars into 4 or 5 pieces; wrap in plastic
wrap and freeze 10 minutes.
- Chop into small pieces using Food Chopper.
- Using Kitchen Shears, cut ice cream container(s) apart to expose block of
- Using Crinkle Cutter, cut half of ice cream into 1-inch-thick slices. Arrange
ice cream slices over cookie crust, cutting pieces to fit. Spread into a smooth
layer with All-Purpose Spreader. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar. Top with remaining
ice cream prepared the same way as first layer. Smooth top with spreader. Cover
with aluminum foil. Freeze 3 hours or overnight.
- Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator. Fill tube with whipped topping
and set aside.
- Run knife around edge of ice cream cake. Release collar from pan. Using
spreader, lightly frost top and side of ice cream cake with remaining whipped
topping. Decorate with whipped topping using decorator. Top with sprinkles.
- Freeze 1 hour or overnight.
- Once whipped topping is frozen, lightly cover cake with plastic wrap.
- To serve, cut into wedges using Slice 'N Serve. (If cake was frozen
overnight, place in refrigerator 10 minutes before slicing.)
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 31 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef