Pampered Chef Recipes
Italian Sausage Bread
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
- 2 (11 ounce) packages refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- Heat Large Skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook sausages 6 to 8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking sausage into crumbles using Nylon Spoon; drain and transfer to Classic Batter Bowl.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grate cheese into Batter Bowl. Chop olives with Food Chopper. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Add olives, parsley & Seasoning Mix to sausage mixture; mix well with Mix 'N Scraper.
- On Large Grooved Cutting Board, unroll 1 package bread dough, forming a 12 x 10 inch square. Using Large Spreader, spread half of the pizza sauce over dough to within 1 inch of edge. Spread half of the sausage mixture over sauce. Starting at front edge, roll dough into a cylinder; pinch to seal. Carefully transfer roll onto Rectangle Stone. Repeat with remaining dough, sauce and filling mixture to form a second roll; place on baking Baking Stone.
- Using Serrated Bread Knife, slice 8 diagonal cuts across top of each roll.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice into 1 inch slices using bread knife.
- Serve hot.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef