This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Italian Sausage Charlotte
- 1 1/2 pounds mild Italian sausage links
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar white Alfredo pasta sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 teaspoons Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 slices firm white bread
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove casing from sausage links; discard. Cut sausage
into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook sausage in Stir Fry Skillet over medium heat until
well browned and no longer pink. Turning with Nylon Turner as meat browns.
- Meanwhile, using Ultimate Slice & Grate, slice zucchini using v shape
blade. Slice mushrooms with Egg Slicer Plus. Cut red bell pepper into 1/4 inch
- Remove sausage from skillet; drain well on paper towels. Wipe out the skillet,
and add 1 cup Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in sausage and vegetables.
Pour mixture into Oval Baker, mounding slightly in center.
- In Small Batter Bowl, whisk together remaining Alfredo sauce,
milk and eggs using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add garlic pressed with Garlic Press,
1 teaspoon of the Seasoning Mix and salt.
- Cut crusts off the bread using Serrated Bread Knife. Dip bread into egg
mixture, coating lightly; overlap bread in a circular pattern over sausage mixture,
leaving center open.
- Drain tomatoes in a small Colander; transfer to small Colander Bowl. Add
remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning Mix; mix with Mix 'N Scraper. Spoon tomato mixture
into opening. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate cheese over top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges of bread are deep golden brown.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef