This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Key Lime Mousse Cake
- 1 (9 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3.3 ounce) box white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate morsels, grated (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour Springform Pan.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine cake mix and flour; mix well using Stainless
Steel Whisk. Add water and egg; whisk until smooth. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.
- Brush cake with 1/2 cup of the limeade concentrate using Pastry Brush.
- Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator; fill with 1 cup of the
whipped topping and set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, microwave cream cheese
on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened; whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in
remaining 1/2 cup limeade concentrate until smooth. Add remaining whipped topping
and pudding mix; mix until smooth using Classic Scraper. Spoon filling over
cake; spread evenly using Small Spreader.
- Zest lime using Lemon Zester/Scorer. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted
with v-shaped blade, slice lime. If desired, grate chocolate morsels over filling
using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Run releasing tool around edge of cake; remove collar.
Pipe whipped topping rosettes around top edge of cake. Sprinkle lime zest over
center of cake. Garnish cake with lime slices.
- Slice using Utility Knife; serve using Slice 'N Serve(R).
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 9 g,Cholesterol
40 mg, Carbohydrates 44 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 320 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: For a cooler serving temperature, refrigerate cake 30 minutes,
leaving collar of Springform Pan around cake.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef