This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Lemon Angel Crunch Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided (about 3 lemons)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon gelatin
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into ungreased
Rectangular Baker, spreading evenly.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and cracks appear dry. (Cake
should be firm to the touch; do not under-bake.) Carefully turn baker upside
down onto Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 45 minutes. (Do not remove cake from
- Spread coconut in even layer over bottom of baking pan; bake at 350 degrees
F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and evenly toasted, stirring once
after 8 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack; cool completely. Set aside.
- Juice lemons using Juicer; set juice aside. Using Nylon Fork or metal skewer,
poke holes in cake about 1 1/2 inches deep and 1/2 inch apart.
- In Small Micro-Cooker, microwave water on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until boiling.
Add gelatin to water; stir 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Stir in
1/4 cup of the lemon juice. Slowly pour gelatin mixture evenly over cake.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons
lemon juice; spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle coconut over icing. Refrigerate
- Cut into squares using Serrated Bread Knife.
Yield: 15 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 180, Total Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol
0 mg, Carbohydrate 41 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber 0 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef