Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) box lemon flavored gelatin
- Powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baker with vegetable
oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Zest lemon to yield 1 tablespoon zest; stir into batter. Pour batter into
prepared Baker spreading evenly; sprinkle with blueberries.
- In bowl, microwave water on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until boiling.
Whisk in gelatin until dissolved. Pour gelatin mixture evenly over top of batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes
- Cool slightly; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- To serve, spoon warm cake into dessert bowls. Garnish with whipped topping.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef