Lemony Chicken Popover Puff
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Chicken and Vegetable Filling
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, cut in half diagonally
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 lemon
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed
cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (12 ounces)
- 1 cup diced
red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces)
shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- For Popover Puff, place butter in Small Micro-Cooker; microwave, covered,
on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Measure 1 tablespoon of the butter into
bottom of Deep Dish Baker; brush over bottom only using Pastry Brush.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, combine remaining butter, milk and eggs using Stainless
Steel Whisk. In Small Batter Bowl, stir together flour and salt. Add flour mixture
to egg mixture; whisk 1 minute or until smooth. Pour batter into baker. Bake
20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F; continue baking 10 to
15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare Chicken and Vegetable Filling. Using Crinkle Cutter,
cut carrots in half lengthwise then crosswise into 1/4-inch slices to measure
1 cup. Cut snap peas in half using Utility Knife. Chop onion using Food Chopper.
Place carrots, snap peas, onion and butter in micro-cooker. Microwave, covered,
on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside.
- Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Finely dice bell
pepper using utility knife.
- In clean Classic Batter Bowl, combine lemon juice, bell pepper, soup, chicken
and dill mix; mix well. Microwave on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until hot, stirring
once. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add cheese and half of the vegetable
mixture into filling; mix gently.
- Remove puff from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 3 minutes or
until puff begins to fall, forming a shell. If necessary, use Paring Knife to
cut around sides of puff to loosen from baker.
- Spoon filling into center of puff. Arrange remaining vegetable mixture around
edges of filling.
- Slice and serve using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol
220 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 23 g, Sodium 650 mg, Fiber 2 g
Cook's Tip: Dried dill weed can be substituted for the All-Purpose Dill Mix,