Light Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 11 ounces refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 cup light cherry pie filling
- 11 ounces refrigerated soft breadsticks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and extract together until smooth.
- Carefully unroll French bread dough at seam and place over 15-inch baking
stone. Cut off excess dough that hangs over the side and shape dough into a
circle. Cut a hole in center of dough with 3-inch cut-n-seal. Discard excess
dough roll center hole edge back slight to form a rim. Spread cream cheese mixture
evenly over dough. Top with pie filling.
- Separate breadsticks; unroll and cut each in half (16 pieces). Twist each
piece and lay over filing like spokes on a wheel. Pinch dough around inner and
out edge to secure.
- Beat egg white and brush on dough.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.