This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Luscious Lemon Angel Roll
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 lemon
- 7 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container light frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (11.75 ounce) jar strawberry ice cream topping, divided
- Powdered sugar
- 12 fresh whole strawberries for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut an 18-inch long piece of Parchment Paper.
Press into bottom and up sides of Stoneware Bar Pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour batter over Parchment
Paper, spreading evenly using Super Scraper.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched
with fingertip. Remove from oven to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Sprinkle 1/2 cup
of powdered sugar over cake using Flour/Sugar Shaker.
- Place a sheet of Parchment Paper over cake. Place Nonstick Cooling Rack
upside down over parchment paper and carefully turn cake out at once. Remove
pan and Parchment Paper from cooked side of cake. Roll up cake in Parchment
Paper as for a jelly roll. Cool completely.
- Unroll cake and transfer to 12 x 18-inch Grooved Cutting Board; discard
Parchment Paper. Spread cake with 1/4 cup ice cream topping, pressing lightly
using skinny Scraper.
- Combine cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar in Classic 2-quart
Batter Bowl; mix well.
- Zest whole lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer; juice lemon using Lemon Aid
to yield 1 tablespoon juice. Add zest and juice to cream cheese mixture; whisk
using 10-inch Whisk. Add food coloring, if desired; mix well. Fold in 1 cup
whipped topping; gently spread over ice cream topping to within 1 inch of edge;
re-roll. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
- Slice using Serrated Bread Knife. Attach Open Star Tip to Easy Accent Decorator;
fill with remaining whipped topping.
- Garnish each serving with whipped topping, a strawberry fan (sliced with
Egg Slicer Plus) and remaining ice cream topping.
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef