Macaroon Brownie Tart
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package), softened as directed on package
- 1 (8 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 package (7 ounces) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup sliced natural almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Gently unfold crust onto lightly floured surface; roll to an 11 1/2-inch
circle. Press into bottom and up sides of Tart Pan using Fluting Tool to create
fluted edge. Prick bottom of crust; set aside.
- Combine brownie mix, egg yolks and water; mix until smooth and spread over
crust using Small Spreader. Sprinkle chocolate morsels over brownie mixture.
- Combine egg whites, coconut and half and half; mix well. Spoon coconut mixture
evenly over chocolate morsels. Sprinkle almonds around edge of coconut mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until edge of crust is deep golden brown and center
- Remove from oven; cool 1 hour.
- Serve slightly warm.
- Slice using Nylon Slice 'N Serve®.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 10 g,
Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber 2 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef