Mandarin Orange Upside Down Cakes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 12 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- 1 (9 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until
melted. Lightly brush cups of Stoneware Muffin Pan with butter using Pastry
Brush; reserve remaining butter.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine remaining butter and brown sugar. Divide mixture
evenly among muffin cups using Small Scoop.
- Drain orange segments, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Place one cherry in bottom
of each muffin cup; arrange 3-4 orange segments around each cherry.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, egg and reserved juice; mix until
smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Using Medium Scoop, divide batter evenly
among muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown and Cake Tester inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Immediately loosen cakes from sides of
muffin cups. Using Oven Mitts, carefully invert onto heat-safe platter.
Yield: 12 muffins
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.