Margarita Grilled Shrimp
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1/2 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 whole fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 24 uncooked large
shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. In small bowl, combine
limeade concentrate, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic pressed with Garlic Press
and salt; set aside.
- Cut pineapple into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Thread shrimp onto four, 12 inch skewers.
- Place pineapple slices on grid of grill; brush with a portion of the limeade
mixture. Grill, covered, 6 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Turn slices over; brush with limeade mixture. Grill 6 minutes; remove pineapple
- Place shrimp skewers on grid of grill; grill 3-4 minutes or until shrimp
appear opaque, turning once and brushing occasionally with remaining limeade
- To serve, cut pineapple slices in half and place on Simple Additions Rectangle
Platter. Top pineapple with skewers of shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Cook's Tip: Wear plastic gloves when working with jalapeno peppers. The juice
from the peppers can create a burning sensation on the skin.