Meatball 'n' Pasta Soup
- 1/2 pound lean (90%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce, undrained
- 3/4 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Meatballs: In Classic Batter Bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs,
egg, Italian seasoning, garlic and salt; mix lightly but thoroughly. Using Small
Scoop, shape meat mixture into balls; place in Medium (3-qt.) Saucepan. Brown
over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Remove from saucepan.
- Soup: Chop zucchini and onion using Food Chopper. Add onion and garlic
to saucepan; cook 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beef broth, tomatoes
and pork and beans; bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni, meatballs, zucchini and Italian seasoning. Return to a boil;
reduce heat to low and simmer 6-8 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Ladle
soup into bowls; sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 6 (1 1/2 cup) servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 8 g, Sodium 1340 mg, Fiber
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.