Mediterranean Tuna Wreath
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (6 ounce) can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, drained, divided
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 egg, separated
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. With wide ends of triangles
toward the center, arrange 8 triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone. Corners
of wide ends will touch and points will extend 1 inch beyond edge of baking
stone. Arrange remaining 8 triangles in center, matching wide ends. Seal seams
using Baker's Roller. (Points will overlap in center; do not seal.)
- Drain tuna using small Colander. Using Chef's Knife, finely chop bell
pepper. Chop artichoke hearts using Food Chopper. Slice olives using Egg Slicer
Plus. Using Lemon Zester/Scorer, zest lemon to measure 1 tablespoon zest.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, combine tuna, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, olives,
lemon zest, feta cheese, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and 1 teaspoon of
the seasoning mix; mix well using Mix 'N Scraper. Using Large Scoop, scoop
filling over seams of dough, forming a circle.
- Beginning in center, lift one dough triangle across filling towards the
outside. Next, lift one triangle from the outside across the length of the filling.
Continue alternating triangles, slightly overlapping to form wreath. Tuck last
end under first. Separate egg over Small Batter Bowl using Egg Separator. (Discard
yolk or set aside for another use.) Add remaining seasoning mix to egg white;
beat lightly. Brush over dough using Pastry Brush.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut and serve using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol
15 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 11 g, Sodium 650 mg, Fiber 2 g
1 (6 ounce) can chunk white chicken, drained and flaked, can be substituted
for the tuna, if desired.
Italian seasoning can be substituted for the Italian Seasoning Mix, if desired.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pampered Chef Recipes