Mexican Burger Bar
- 2 pounds (80% lean) ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 (1 ounce) slices Colby and Monterey jack cheese blend
- 8 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
Mexican Sandwich Spread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup pickled jalapeno pepper slices, drained
- Burgers: Crumble ground beef into Classic Batter Bowl. Finely chop onion
using Food Chopper. Add onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper to
ground beef; mix gently but thoroughly. Form mixture into 8 round patties, 1/2
inch thick. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to grill.
- Mexican Sandwich Spread: Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and seasoning
mix in Small Batter Bowl; mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- Mexican Toppers: Slice tomatoes using Ultimate Slice & Grate. Slice
avocado using Chef's Knife. Place toppers in individual serving bowls; cover
- When ready to grill, prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals.
Place patties on grid of grill. Grill, uncovered, 11 to 13 minutes or until
centers are no longer pink, turning once using Barbecue Turner. About 1 minute
before burgers are done, place cheese slices on top.
- Meanwhile, place roll halves, cut side down, on grid of grill. Grill 1 to
2 minutes or until rolls are lightly toasted. Place burgers in rolls.
- Serve with spread and toppers.
Yield: 8 sandwiches
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.