This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Mexican Chocolate Cake
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate. melted
- 4 eggs separated (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Confectioners' sugar
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with wax paper. Lightly grease
the wax paper and side of pan.
- Melt the chocolate and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat the egg yolks. Gradually
add sugar and beat until light about 4 minutes. Add mayonnaise and beat for
1 minute longer. Stir in the ground almonds and flour until blended. Stir in
- In a medium bowl, using clean beater, beat egg whites until stiff and fold
into the batter. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for
55 minutes or until firm.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove the side of the pan and cool the cake 30 minutes longer.
- Invert onto a wire rack and remove bottom of pan and wax paper. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef