Mexican-Style Scrambled Eggs
- 6 (6-7 inch) flour tortillas
- 4 ounces bulk spicy pork sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: salsa, shredded Mexican cheese blend, diced avocados, sliced green onions and sour cream
- Heat Large (10-inch) Skillet over medium heat until hot. Place one flour
tortilla in heated Skillet. Warm tortilla 10 seconds; turn tortilla over with
Nylon Turner and warm an additional 10 seconds. Remove from Skillet; set aside.
Repeat with remaining tortillas, stacking tortillas one on top of another. Keep
- Heat Skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook sausage 6-8 minutes or until
sausage is no longer pink, breaking sausage into crumbles using Nylon Spoon.
Drain if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in Small Batter Bowl, whisk together eggs and salt using Stainless
Steel Whisk. Add eggs to sausage in Skillet. Cook and stir just until eggs are
- For each tortilla, spoon about 1/2 cup egg mixture down center of tortilla.
Top with desired toppings. Fold sides of tortilla over eggs.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 12 g, Sodium 700 mg, Fiber
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef