Middle Eastern Rice and Lentils
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon favorite sauté liquid
- 3 1/2 cups broth or 3 1/2 cups water + 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup diced, peeled baking potato
- 3/4 cup diced, peeled carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- In Rice Cooker Plus combine onion and sauté liquid. Microwave uncovered
for 2-3 minutes, stirring once, until crisp-tender.
- Add broth/water, rice, lentils, potato, carrot, raisins and spices. Cover
with lid or vented plastic wrap. Micro on High for 18-20 minutes, stirring 3
times, until rice and lentils are almost tender (took longer for lentils).
- Stir in bell pepper and peas. Cover and micro for 3-5 minutes more, or until
the liquid is absorbed and the rice and lentils are tender.
- Let stand on heatproof surface for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.