Minestrone Pasta Bowl
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) cangarbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (8-qt.) Stockpot;
drain using large Colander.
- Return pasta to stockpot; add 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 teaspoon of
the seasoning mix, stirring to coat. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade,
- Chop carrot using Food Chopper.
- Slice mushrooms using Egg Slicer Plus(R).
- Heat remaining oil in Stir-Fry Skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic
pressed with Garlic Press; stir-fry 1 minute using Bamboo Spatulas.
- Add zucchini and carrot; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, garbanzo beans and remaining seasoning mi.
Cook, stirring occasionally, 5-6 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and heated
- Transfer pasta to Simple Additions(TM) Large Bowl. Carefully pour sauce
over pasta. Grate Parmesan cheese over pasta using Deluxe Cheese Grater.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: (Light): Calories 350, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat
1.5 g, Cholesterol less than 5 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Protein 13 g, Sodium 480 mg,
Fiber 6 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef