Monte Cristo Casserole
- 1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 (12.5 ounce) packages frozen French toast slices, thawed
- 8 ounces deli baked ham, diced
- 8 ounces deli roast turkey, diced
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat milk in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH 3 minutes or until hot.
- Whisk eggs in Small Batter Bowl; add hot milk to eggs, whisking until blended.
Cut French toast into 3/4-inch cubes; place in large Colander Bowl. Pour egg
mixture over French toast cubes; toss gently using Mix 'N Scraper; set aside.
- Dice ham and turkey using Utility Knife. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese
Grater. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Combine ham, turkey, cheese and parsley
in Classic Batter Bowl; mix with Classic Scraper. Layer half of the French toast
cubes in bottom of Rectangular Baker. Top with half of the meat and cheese mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and set in center. Remove to
Nonstick Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar
- Slice strawberries using Egg Slicer Plus. Combine strawberries with strawberry
topping in small Colander Bowl using Skinny Scraper.
- Cut casserole into squares using Serrated Bread Knife; serve using Mini-Serving
Spatula. Top each serving with strawberry mixture.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol
165 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 18 g, Sodium 900 mg, Fiber 2 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef