Peaches and Cream Braid
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sliced peaches in heavy syrup, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Pantry Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll 1 package of the crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest
sides of dough across width of Rectangle Stone. Repeat with remaining package
- Using Baker's Roller, roll dough to seal seams. On longest sides of
baking stone, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches deep using
Paring Knife. (There will be 6 inches of uncut dough down center for filling.)
- In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar;
whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk.
- Separate egg using Egg Separator (set aside yolk for later use); add egg
white to cream cheese mixture, whisking until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture
evenly down center of dough using Small Spreader. In Small Batter Bowl, combine
peaches and spice blend; toss gently using Small Mix 'N Scraper. Spoon peaches
evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting
each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form braid. Tuck ends up
to seal at end of braid.
- Combine reserved egg yolk with water; brush egg mixture over dough using
Pastry Brush. Chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over dough.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners'
sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker, if desired.
- Serve warm using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol
40 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 470 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
Cook's Tip: Ground cinnamon can be substituted for the Cinnamon Plus Spice
Blend, if desired.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.