Peachy Blueberry Pie
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 5-7 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peach slices, thawed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine flour and salt in large bowl; mix well. Cut shortening
into flour mixture using Pastry Blender until shortening resembles the size
of small peas. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over flour mixture; gently toss
with a fork. Repeat until mixture is moist enough to form a ball. Divide dough
in half. Lightly flour Baker's Mat. Place one ball of dough on center of mat;
flatten to 1/2-inch thickness. Roll dough from center to edges, forming a 12-inch
circle. Place pastry into Deep Dish Pie Plate. Trim pastry even with rim of
- Filling: In large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; mix
well. Toss peach slices with sugar mixture until evenly coated; gently stir
in blueberries. Spoon peach mixture into bottom crust.
- Add top crust. Cut four slits in top crust to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle
sugar evenly over crust, if desired. Cover edge of pie with 2- to 3-inch-wide
strips of aluminum foil or Pie Shield.
- Bake for 45 minutes; remove foil or Pie Shield.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool at least 2 hours.
- Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 480, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol
25 mg, Carbohydrate 72 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 4 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef