Pampered Chef Recipes
Peanutty Chocolate Banana Bread
Yield: 1 loaf, 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 medium)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels, divided
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom only of stoneware loaf pan with vegetable oil using kitchen spritzer.
- In classic 2-quart batter bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add bananas, milk, peanut butter, oil and egg; stir until dry ingredients are moistened using mix n scraper. Stir in 3/4 cup of the milk chocolate morsels. Spoon batter into pan.
- Using food chopper, coarsely chop peanuts. Sprinkle peanuts and remaining 1/4 cup of milk chocolate morsels evenly over batter.
- Bake 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove loaf to non stick cooling rack cool completely.
- Cut into slices using serrated bread knife.
Per 1 slice: 320 calories, fat 14 grams, sodium 190mg, dietary fiber 2 grams
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef