Peppermint Pinwheel Pie
- 1/2 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust)
- 6 small candy canes (about 1/4 cup crushed)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 or 4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 (3.3 ounce) box white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Let pie crust stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Gently unfold crust
onto lightly floured surface. Roll to an 11 1/2-inch circle using floured Baker's
Roller. Place crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, pressing dough into bottom and up
sides. Prick bottom and sides using pastry tool. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until
golden brown. Cool completely on Stackable Cooling Rack.
- Place candy canes in resealable plastic food storage bag; crush with Mini-Tart
Shaper. Cut 8-inch circle of Parchment Paper; set aside. Place chocolate in
Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute, stirring after each
20-second interval until chocolate is melted and smooth. Spread half of the
chocolate over bottom and halfway up sides of crust; set aside.
- Pour remaining chocolate onto parchment paper circle. Immediately spread
chocolate into a 6-inch circle using Small Spreader. Sprinkle crushed candy
over chocolate, pressing lightly into chocolate. Place parchment circle on chilled
Chillzanne Platter for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is set and surface
is dry to the touch. (Or, place chocolate on cutting board and refrigerate 15
minutes.) Do not allow chocolate to cool too long or it will crack when cut.
Remove parchment from platter and place on cutting board. Using Chef's Knife,
cut chocolate circle into 12 even wedges; chill on parchment until set.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH 30 seconds until
softened; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Fill Easy Accent Decorator
with 1 cup of the whipped topping; set aside for garnish.
- Add remaining whipped topping, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring
to batter bowl; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk vigorously until
mixture is blended and very thick. Immediately spoon filling into crust; spread
evenly using Large Spreader.
- Pipe 12 rosettes around edge of pie. To remove chocolate from parchment,
slide large spreader between chocolate and parchment, gently separating triangles.
Place one triangle, with point toward center, against each rosette. Chill 30
- Slice and serve using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 12 servings or 16 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 13 g,
Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 240 mg, Fiber less than
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef