Philly Beef Stuffed Sandwich
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, divided
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated pizza crust
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 ounces thinly sliced American cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop bell pepper and onion; set aside.
- Put oil into skillet and heat, add pressed garlic, bell pepper and onion
and 1/2 of the oregano leaves. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables
are crisp-tender. Remove pan from heat.
- Unroll 1 pizza crust onto lightly floured surface, with the dough and pizza
roller. Roll out crust to a 12 x 9-inch rectangle; cover with half of the cheese,
beef and vegetable mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges of dough. Starting at
longest side of rectangle, roll up dough, jellyroll fashion. Press seam together
to seal. Repeat with remaining crust and filling ingredients. Place rolls seam
down on the 15-inch Round baking stone. Join ends of rolls together to form
one large ring. Press ends together to seal.
- In small bowl, combine egg white and water, brush onto dough using a pastry
brush. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano on top of ring.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.