This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, undrained
- 5 maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in Family (12-inch) Skillet over low heat. Remove from heat;
stir in brown sugar until well blended.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside.
- Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar mixture in skillet. Place a cherry
half in center of each pineapple slice. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 1/3 cups liquid. In Classic
Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, pineapple juice, eggs and oil; whisk until well
blended and smooth. Pour over fruit mixture in skillet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out
- Remove from oven; cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully loosen edges of cake. Invert onto large serving plate. Cool slightly;
garnish with whipped topping.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 453, Total Fat 24 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef