Raspberry Truffle Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 small box raspberry gelatin
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries (optional)
- Lightly spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer
or brush with vegetable oil using Pastry Brush.
- Combine cake mix and gelatin in Classic Batter Bowl; blend well using Stainless
Steel Whisk and set aside.
- In Small Batter Bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH 1 minute or until softened;
whisk until smooth. Add eggs and sour cream; whisk until smooth. Add cream cheese
mixture to cake mix; mix until smooth using Mix 'N Scraper. Spoon batter into
pan, spreading evenly.
- Microwave cake on HIGH 11 to 14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in
center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center.) Remove
to Nonstick Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of Pan;
invert onto serving plate.
- Place chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Small Micro-Cooker.
Microwave on HIGH 15 to 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using
Skinny Scraper. Drizzle glaze over cake. Garnish cake with remaining whipped
topping using Easy Accent Decorator.
- Chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over cake. Garnish with fresh
raspberries, if desired.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 13 g,
Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 470 mg, Fiber 1 g
If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate cake a quarter
turn once after each 3-minute interval of cooking.
To easily drizzle glaze onto cake, pour glaze into one corner of a small,
resealable plastic bag. Twist top of bag to seal and secure with a Twixit! Clip.
Using Paring Knife, cut a small piece off the corner of the bag to allow the
glaze to run through.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.