Rav 'n' Ravioli
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or chopped fine
- 1 (26-28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated ravioli (any filling)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 12 French bread baguette slices (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 4-quart casserole, heat olive oil over medium heat; add bell pepper
and onion and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until veggies are tender. Stir
in spaghetti sauce, ravioli and water. Bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, if not using baguettes, cut a loaf of French bread into 12 slices
1/2 inch thick. Place butter in casserole, microwave for 1 minute on high or
till melted. Add bread slices, toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon 1/2 of the ravioli mixture into the casserole dish, top with mozzarella
cheese, and the remaining ravioli mixture.
- Arrange the bread slices, slightly overlapping around the edges and press
lightly into the ravioli mixture. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top
and bake uncovered, until ravioli is heated through and bread is crisp.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef