This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Red Velvet Pudding Cake
- 1 (12 ounce) box whole frozen raspberries (not in syrup), thawed
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) box raspberry flavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate for baking
- Powdered sugar
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray rectangular baker with oil.
Spread raspberries evenly over bottom of baker.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour batter over raspberries,
- In a large micro-cooker, microwave water on HIGH 4 minutes or until boiling.
Combine gelatin and cornstarch. Whisk gelatin mixture into boiling water until
dissolved. Pour gelatin mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove to cooling rack. Chop chocolate; sprinkle evenly over cake. Let stand
10 minutes. Sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar.
- To serve, spoon warm cake into dessert bowls. Garnish with whipped topping
or, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g,
Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 280 mg, Dietary Fiber
less than 1 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef