Savory Roasted Chicken
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, sliced into 8 wedges
- 2 medium carrots, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken, breast-side up,
in 13 x 9-inch baking dish or roasting pan. Arrange potato, onion and carrots
- In small bowl, combine garlic, oil, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper; brush
over chicken. Pour water over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted
into thickest part of thigh, not touching bone, registers 180 degrees F.
- Remove from oven; let stand, covered, 10-15 minutes before carving.
Yield: 4-6 servings